The Working Mind (TWM), is an education-based program designed to address and promote mental health and reduce the stigma of mental illness in a workplace setting.
By reducing stigma and discrimination, TWM helps workplaces create a culture that fosters greater awareness and support for mental health among employees, managers, and employers.
- Reduce the stigma around mental illness
- Promote your organisations mental health
- Transform the way participants think and talk about mental health and mental illness
- Help participants identify poor mental health in themselves and others
- Give participants the coping skills to manage stress and poor mental health
- Create a more supportive work environment
TWM for employees offers practical knowledge to increase participants’ overall comfort level with mental illness. On completing the course, employees will be able to:
- understand mental health and mental illness
- recognise its signs and indicators, in themselves and others
- reduce stigma and negative attitudes toward people with mental health problems
- support colleagues with mental health problems
- maintain their own mental health and improve their resilience.
Managers, supervisors and team leads looking to complete The Working Mind should complete The Working Mind for Managers.
- Mental Health and Stigma
Define basic concepts related to mental health and mental illness
Recognise the impact of stigma and discuss how to reduce stigma and other barriers to care
- Mental Health in the Workplace
Recognise and keep track of changes in your mental health and well-being and know when to take appropriate actions
Have conversations about mental health and mental illness with friends, family members and colleagues
- Stress and Resilience
Identify and practice coping strategies to manage stress and remain resilient
Identify and use available resources to support yourself
We also offer this course to corporate groups. To learn more and discuss course options for your organisation, please contact us on email@example.com
By attending training with Lifeline, you agree to our terms and conditions.
Thursday August 11
- 5 hours
- $300.00 incl. GST
No courses currently scheduled.